Back to School Plan (covid considerations) - version date: 8-4-2020
Questions about School Opening in 2020-2021
Concordia Lutheran School is a Preschool-5th grade school of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. We are located in Machesney Park, Illinois and serve families in Machesney Park, Loves Park, Rockford, and surrounding towns.
Concordia Lutheran School believes that children are precious gifts from God, and as such, we, in partnership with their parents, strive to nurture students to acheive academic excellence, spiritual growth, good citizenship, leadership, and service to the community that both honors and glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ.
Academics are a high priority at Concordia Lutheran School. Students are challenged to meet high expectations and to develop a work ethic that will help them to be successful in their future education and vocation. Our academic program is comprehensive and seeks to integrate innovation and technology, while also applying traditional approaches for a balanced and well-rounded education. Our graduates leave Concordia ready to take on the challenges of middle school, whether at a sister Lutheran high school (Rockford Lutheran Junior/Senior High School) or at other area public, parochial, or private high schools.
School and Class Size
Concordia Lutheran School for the 2018/19 school year has over 100 students enrolled in our preschool through 5th grade. We are able to have small class sizes which allow for excellent student-teacher support.
We have dedicated and qualified Christian teachers and staff. The teaching staff engages in professional development to remain current with educational practices and resources.
Wednesday morning chapel services are held in the Concordia sanctuary for our student population. Parents are encouraged to attend these services. Our faith-driven staff provides Bible instruction and integration of Christian principles on a daily basis.
We don’t know where you are in your faith walk, but we understand that questions are worth answering. While it’s impossible to address every question you might have, we hope this will provide a start.
We believe and teach that…
- The Bible is God’s inspired, inerrant Word.
- In the Bible, God is revealed as Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God created the world and all things in it.
- Since Adam and Eve, man is born with original sin and cannot save himself.
- God’s Law, revealed both in the Scriptures and in nature itself, is good and holy, revealing His will for how the creation ought to exist. However, it has the function of accusing all people and condemning us, since it reveals that all fall short of God’s will and are guilty of sinning against it.
- Jesus Christ, true God and true man, born of the Virgin Mary, died on the cross for all sins, and rose bodily on the third day for us and for our salvation.
- Salvation through the forgiveness of sins comes only through faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Concordia Lutheran Church and School is a member congregation of The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod.