Ran own business (Joanna’s Daycare) 6 years. Developed my own pre-Kcurriculum with Active Learning. Planned daily progress to parents on child’s development. Prepared meals and logs of accounting, etc.,
- A cooperating teacher intern for Ms. Leanne Guetzkow at RLA, 2008. Also Mrs. Stacy Ross, 2011.
- Organized and directed RLA Aftercare program in 2006.
- Started RLA Pre-K program. Went to school board, Paster of Gloria Dei Church, Superintendent, and principal, gathered information. Wrote Pre-K weekly themes and curriculum, supplied room with my own materials. Was responsible for writing the Entering Assessment to RLA (starting standards), rules, handbook for Pre-K, surveys, report cards, curriculum statement and maps, came up with preschool picnic event at year-end. Helped hire teachers. Children in my class entering Kindergarten score very high on the search scans. Have helped recruit families to enroll at RLA.
- PlayTown Preschool Director – Took ½-day (3 days a week) program to fulltime (everyday). Started the food program and grew the program from 15 students to 50 students. Hired 2 teachers and aides.
Childcare Director Qulaified, Early Childhood Teacher Qualified
- Rasmussen College - 4 hours Early Childhood, continued education 2016
- Gifted Training Seminar - Summer 2010
- Rock Valley College - 9 hours Early Childhood, continued education 2006-2008
- Illinois State University, Normal, IL - Bachelor of Science in Home Economics with a minor in Early Childhood Education - 1990
- Bauder Fashion College, Arlington, TX - Diploma, Interior Design - 1987n
Personal Education Philosophy:
I envision living each day being the best teacher I can be, by continuing to gain wisdom and knowledge daily. I want to guide others and work together as a team, encouraging others positively by sharing my time and talents.
I want to constantly strive to continually exceed goals by becoming more confident in what I do, and by staying ahead of the competition.
Every child learns differently at their own pace, so I teach at many different levels
to instill skills, in the classroom at all times.
I love working with young children. Their minds are new and open, and I can share God’s word to help them believe and expect what will come throughout life. Integrating God into every subject matter is such a joy for me.
I love sharing my heart with young people. I know that God’s Calling led me into education
My vision is to maintain a safe, friendly, high-quality Christian environment of educational excellence that is inviting. Bright, curious preschool children can learn from each other. I foresee a future of entertaining children with challenging and fun-loving opportunities, where each day is fulfilled with achievement, love, and adventure.
- Arts, crafts, seminars to keep up with the latest in Early Childhood.
- Spending time with family, and of course, going to any beach!
Favorite Bible Verse:
- Galatians 5:22-23
- John 14-6
- Jeremiah 29:11
- Romans 12:12